Roost Explorer Hardshell Rooftop Tent
Estimated Arrival: Between Oct 24 and Oct 28. * ETA for US orders only.
Shipping & Returns: Free Shipping. Free Returns. All The Time. Learn More.
The Roost Explorer RTT is available in several different color options
to fit your style.
- 8.5 FT telescoping aluminum ladder
- 2” dense foam mattress
- 4 universal mounting brackets
The Roost roof top tent is designed with a universal mounting system that will allow it to fit on the rack of an SUV, Pick-up Truck, Trailer, Boat and many other vehicles. Provided there is a traditional rack systemor mounting framework with the appropriate strength characteristics, the Roost tent can be securely fastened onto most vehicles.
Opened — 90.5”L x 57”W x 59"H
Closed — 90.5”L x 57”W x 13”H
Side Doors — 30"W x 33.5"H
Rear Door — 33"W x 46"H
Total Weight — 163lbs
Sleeps Up to Three People
- The Roost roof top tent is designed to comfortably sleep two people with generous head and leg room but can fit up
to 3 adult individuals if necessary.
Fabric hammock shelf to hold clothing
and other light gear up and out of the way
- Side pouches for keys, cell phones, flash lights and other small gadgets
- Designed to fit with any
traditional rack system
- Corrosion resistant galvanized
- Brackets easily adjust to any
cross bar spread
- Uses standard tools for tightening
- Remove foam mattress and tent fabric
to convert in to cargo carrier
- 13” of closed height in the rear / 5”
of closed height in front
- Carries ski equipment, smaller pieces
of luggage and tools
Fabric - 600 Denier Solution Dyed Polyester (Flammable Resistant - CPAI 84 Rating)
Finish - Water, UV, and Mildew resistant coating
Stitching - Durable stitched seams
Zippers - Heavy duty zippers
3 Screens Doors - Durable coated screen mesh material
Skirt - Fits over edge of shell base to force rain away from inside tent
Breathability - minimizes inside condensation build up
Accessibility - three spacious doors (two side and one rear)
Outer Shell Construction
Shell - 1/4" fiberglass composite wall
Material - Hand layered fiberglass composite
Base Finish - High strength marine resin
Surface Finish - Glossy gel coat
Weather Seal - Seated on top edge of shell base to seal unit when lid is closed
8.5 FT telescoping aluminum ladder
Stow size – 27” long
10.5FT telescoping aluminum ladder
Stow size – 29” long
- Extruded aluminum rail and rung construction
- Rubberized grip feet adjust
to any ladder angle
- Telescoping sections allow you to raise the ladder to your desired height or fully extend
All roost tents come with a dense foam mattress for an added level of comfort.
Standard - 2” dense foam mattress
Optional - 3” dense foam mattress
Rear Latch / Front Hinge / Gas Lifter Shock
- Heavy duty rear latches with
- Latches mounted to tightly secure
lid and minimize travel vibration
- Heavy duty injection molded nylon
- Hinge bolts seated through reinforced
metal plate inside fiberglass shell for strength and durability
- Heavy-duty gas lifter shocks lift unit lid
It is important to note that Roof Top Tents are posted via freight companies. They generally are larger types of packages and are loaded on pallets.
When your order has been placed you will receive an email. This confirms an order has been made and that the order has entered our order processing system and your Credit Card has been pre-authorized for the purchase.
Order shipment is typically with 24-48 hours of making the purchase which is when you will receive a shipping confirmation email which contains the tracking number and shipping time is typically 3-5 days.
It is important to inspect the item the moment it arrives. As most Tents are frieght they are relatively large and heavy. It is important to check it for possible damage. It is important that if any damage is noticed it is logged with the courier company when signing for delivery, photographed, and relayed back to us.
We started Tek Tents because we identified a need for a place where the latest in Tent Technology products were put on one website. A place where customers could choose the best tent that best fitted their requirements and budget.
Being avid outdoor enthusiasts, particularly in the Overlanding world we wanted a place where the products that we would purchase ourselves would be available to other like minded folk.
Along the way, we have built a marketplace and community of people who share our love of exploring the outdoors. We wish to be inspiring to people who want to get to those far flung places and connect with nature.
We are driven by:
1. Dedication to customer satisfaction and customer support.... We are available most of the time to answer questions. We are only a Phone call, Chat or Email away.
2. We know people want the best price without compromising quality, that is why we Price Match. It is why we offer FREE Shipping on orders over $99, and also why most of our customers won't be burdened with having to pay tax.
3. Our website is a platform to find the most suitable tent for your needs. It is trust- worthy enough to have earned a SSL Certificate which eliminates any risk when using your Credit Card